Why should i buy an electric car?
Topic: Why should i buy an electric car?
People are increasingly aware of sustainable mobility and are more aware of the advantages offered by electric cars, which are gradually gaining prominence on roads.
Thinking of renewing your car? The electric vehicle can be a good option. Discover some of the advantages it offers you compared to a gasoline or diesel vehicle.
1. Respect for the environment. The electric car does not need any fuel to operate, it only requires electricity, so it does not emit polluting gases into the atmosphere.
2. Savings in daily consumption. The cost of these vehicles is usually one euro per 100 kilometres, a figure much lower than what we would have to pay if it were a gasoline or diesel car.
3. More comfortable driving. These cars do not have a gearbox. This is more comfortable for the driver because he does not have to be aware of changing gears, which allows a smoother and more relaxed ride.
4. Less noise. The motors of electric cars emit little noise, unlike vehicles with combustion engines. Something to value, since nowadays noise pollution is a big problem for many cities.
5. Low maintenance cost. By not having as many mechanical components as combustion cars, you will not have to worry about periodically changing the oil, the clutch, the gearbox or the filters. This represents a significant economic saving over time.
6. Tax advantages. You will not have to pay the Registration Tax, and you will have significant discounts on the Traffic Tax and some toll roads. Also, you will be able to access different financial aid, such as the MOVES Plan.
7. Possibility of using special lanes. In high traffic hours, in some cities, you will be able to circulate on the special Bus / HOV lanes without having to bring a companion.
8. Ease of parking. In cities with regulated parking, such as Madrid or Barcelona, you will not have to pay or have time limits for parking in that area because the DGT exempts all vehicles with the blue “Zero emissions” label from doing so.
Frequently asked question:
Is it worth it to buy an electric car?
Electric cars are expensive, so buying used cars will save you money. Interestingly, all new electric vehicles are more expensive than new gasoline cars, but many used electric vehicles are much cheaper than most used gasoline cars. This is because most electric vehicles depreciate faster than traditional cars due to tax incentives and limited demand.
What are the benefits of owning an electric car?
- They are better for the environment.
- Electricity can be a renewable resource, gasoline cannot.
- They require less expensive and less frequent maintenance.
- They are quieter than gasoline vehicles.
- There are tax credits for electric vehicle owners.
Are electric cars cheaper to insure?
Electric cars can, in general, be more expensive to insure than a directly comparable gasoline or diesel counterpart. In 2017, a study by the price comparison website Comparethemarket found that some electric cars can cost up to 45% more to insure than their conventional counterparts.
Why electric cars will never work?
Electric cars are severely limited by several drawbacks, including: The shortage of charging stations. High electricity costs. Disappointing battery capacity that limits the distance cars can travel between charges.
What is bad about electric cars?
Electric cars have some drawbacks, such as: Dependence on rare earth elements such as neodymium, lanthanum, terbium and dysprosium, and other critical metals such as lithium and cobalt, although the amount of rare metals used differs from car to car.
What happens if your electric car runs out of battery?
“What if my electric car runs out of power on the road?” Answer: In the case of a gasoline car, a highway service truck can usually bring you a can of gasoline or tow it to the nearest service station. Similarly, an electric car can simply be towed to the nearest charging station.
How long do electric cars last?
An electric car battery is a proven technology that will last for many years. In fact, electric vehicle manufacturers guarantee it. Nissan, for example, guarantees that the batteries in its electric cars will last eight years or 100,000 miles, and Tesla offers a similar guarantee.
Why is Tesla insurance so expensive?
Teslas are particularly expensive to insure for collision damage due to their high repair and maintenance costs, which are higher than other luxury vehicles. This is for a number of reasons, such as: Cars are repaired at a limited number of Tesla-approved auto body repair shops.
How much does an electric car add to your electric bill?
If electricity costs $ 0.13 per kWh and the vehicle uses 33 kWh to drive 100 miles, the cost per mile is approximately $ 0.04. If electricity costs $ 0.13 per kilowatt hour, charging an electric vehicle with a range of 200 miles (assuming a completely drained 66 kWh battery) will cost about $ 9 to achieve a full charge.
What is the cheapest electric car to insure?
- Volkswagen ID. 3 – Average annual premium: £ 423.35.
- Hyundai Tucson – Average Annual Premium: £ 444.65.
- MG ZS EV – Average Annual Premium: £ 447.18.
- Peugeot e-208 – average annual premium: £ 465.94.
- Renault Zoe – Average annual premium: £ 471.10.
Should I charge my electric car every night?
Most electric car owners charge their cars at home overnight. In fact, people with normal driving habits don’t need to fully charge the battery every night. In short, there is absolutely no need to worry about your car stopping in the middle of the road, even if you didn’t charge the battery last night.
Can you jump start an electric car?
Although it is possible to start a car with an electric vehicle, it is strongly recommended that you do not. However, the 12-volt battery in an electric car lacks the power to start an internal combustion engine and runs the risk of damaging it if you try to start another vehicle.
Does an electric car really save money?
Fuel Savings: Study shows that a typical electric vehicle owner who does most of his refueling at home can expect to save an average of $ 800 to $ 1,000 per year in fuel costs compared to an average car. equivalent gasoline. Not all electric vehicles will lose value as they age.